Saturday, June 24, 2017

Getting set for Jordan's ride

It was Wednesday, June 21 at 5:00 PM and I was headed to Colorado.  I was going to meet Jordan.  We planned to drive to Canada for him to start a bike ride.  The weather looked good yet I was tired after a hard few weeks.

The drive was not difficult with with little or no traffic once I escaped the Twin Cities.  It was outside York, Nebraska where I called it a night at a rest stop at 11:45 AM.

The Scion IA seat was very uncomfortable and the temperature was in the 80's.  I slept very little and at 3:45 AM, sweating hard, I decided to drive.  Again, the drive was easy and I made Golden, CO by 8:00 AM.  Jordan was sleeping so I decided to run a few errands.

At 9:15 AM Jordan I called Jordan and we proceeded to pack and prepare for the trip.  I set up the new bicycle rack while packed the car.  We decided to link up with the real estate agent in Keystone and scheduled a 3:00 PM meeting.  We also needed to buy an air bed, a tarp and bungee cords.  It was not long before I became so exhausted I was getting double vision.  Yet, we needed to get out of town by 2:00 PM.

It was about noon when we went to start his car and the battery was dead!  We did not need this issue!  I quickly went to the hardware store and grabbed jumper cables plus a $100 jump start kit.  When we got back, the cable could not reach.  We took the kit our of the box carefully to use and planned to return it as it was so costly.  IT DID NOT WORK!  The neighbor was gone and we could not get the car out of park to move it so I could jump the car.  Then we realized the jump kit did work (initial user error).

That was a relief as we headed to return the jump kit.  We headed to WalMart for a airbed and found WalMart was closing.  Not hours but actually closing.  Everything was 50% off.  We could not find a airbed but found a jump start kit for $35, and it was better than the one we returned!  Things are looking up!

We did get packed and not hit the road by 2:10 PM.  The rain was heavy and we were concerned we would be late.  I was becoming a zombie, sleeping only a few hours last night.

We made Keystone by 3:30 PM and met with the agent.  This is a GREAT PLACE!  I am happy he may find a home here.  We will see?

It was 5:00 PM when we left for Montana yet traffic was BAD.  We struggled to make time.  Ask dusk set in, we had a few close calls with deer on the road.  Just outside Rawlins, WY we decided to stop at the rest stop and sleep.  We got settled were sleeping by 11 PM.  Although, the inverter broke so we could not pump up the bed fully.  So it was an uncomfortable sleep for both of us.

It was at 4:15 AM I was awake and headed to Kalispell.  We stopped at Rock Springs Wyoming where we were able to purchase a inverter.  Jordan also wanted Ice Cream for breakfast.  He got his wish!


We did our best to make good time and took the long way so Jordan could scope the route.  I was getting fatigues and we argues slightly.  I really kept it in to attempt to stay harmonious.

We arrived in Kalispell at 6:00 and quickly unpacked.  We went to MacKenzie River Pizza, Grill & Pub.  I have eaten there before and enjoyed it as much the second time.  By 8:30 we were both so tired we prepared to the start of the ride and slept, HARD.

No comments:

Post a Comment